Seller Safety Tips
Jon-Don takes every precaution to insure that all online transactions, including sales of used truck mount equipment, are safe for both the buyer and the seller. Unfortunately, big-ticket transactions such as equipment sales sometimes attract scammers looking to make a quick buck. Protect yourself from these unscrupulous people by following a few simple tips:
- NEVER pay anything up front for ANY reason.
- NEVER extend credit for ANY reason.
- NEVER do ANYTHING until the check clears – even when you’re paid with a cashier’s check. This may take up to 10 business days.
- Insist on payment for the exact amount of the sale. NEVER accept an overpayment and NEVER agree to reimburse the buyer for the difference.
- Avoid long-distance sales, particularly those involving buyers outside the United States.
When in-doubt, remember the adage: “If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.”